Wire Tracker and Ethernet LAN Network Cable Tester for Network Cable Collation, Telephone Line Tester, Continuity Checking RJ11 RJ45 Cable Tester Line Finder Multifunction
This instrument is a multi-functional handheld cable testing tool. Work perfect when RJ11 RJ45 cable is on power. It has a wide application with reinforced cable types and multiple functions. It is a necessary testing tool for telecommunication engineering, wiring engineering, and network maintenance person.
- Telecommunication network, line engineering and routine aintenance
- Computer network line engineering
- Other metal wire wiring works and maintenance work
What makes cable tracer special?
1. The Ethernet cable tester will save tons of time when installing a new house's Ethernet cables. When you couldn't find one of the cables, the toner helps you locate it quickly.
2. Use the cable tracking system for wiring both the Ethernet and phone lines for a new office, ensuring they are wired correctly and the signal is unbroken. Made it easy to hook everything into the patch panel in order.
3. Cable tracker is not only identify a cable out of a bundle, but at testing cables to ensure they are crimped properly and have no broken wires internally.
4. The volume of the receiver is adjustable according to the practical condition.
5. There is a led light on the receiver, make the cable trace tool can be used as usual when in the dark environment.
Unlike the SCAN and Network functions, the TONE and CONT LEDs are not function indicators. They will not light on when you turn the knob to TONE or CONT function, but turn to different color or bright level based on the measuring result.
Do not use it to test the metal wire with under the current, power off first, or the current will destroy the tester chip.
Requires 2 pcs 6F22 9V batteries (not included).
Scan Mode - Ethernet Cable or Telephone Line Tracking
1. Plug an Ethernet cable into the RJ45 connector on the transmitter unit, or telephone line into the RJ11 connector.
2. Turn the function rotary knob to SCAN position. When the transmitter is in SCAN mode, it sends an alternating high/low tone on the cable.
3. Turn on the receiver by pressing the ON/OFF button. A red light power light will illuminate.
4. Press and hold SCAN on the receiver and listen for an alternating signal, which the transmitter sends on the Ethernet cable or telephone line. Use the probe to find the same high/low signal from among plenty of cables to find the target cable in the other end.
Network Mode - Verifying Correct Wiring
1. Plug the two ends of an Ethernet cable into both the transmitter and receiver RJ45 ports.
2. Turn the transmitter function rotary knob to Network position, pressing TEST button on the transmitter will start a test sequence.
3. A correctly wired cable will sequence from 1 to 8, 1 to 8, ad infinitum. Both the transmitter and receiver should sequence in the same order for standard Ethernet. G is ground, and if a cable grounded on both ends, the G should light before starting over at 1 again.
4. According to the sequence indicators, get the network cable collation result. If there will be 2 or more indicators lights on simultaneously, the quantity of lights indicates the quantity of short circuit. If open circuit, the corresponding sequence line indicator will not light on.
LED on Receiver
The receiver is equipped with one LED light, it is convenient for you to use as usual when in the dark environment, user friendly design.
TONE Mode - Testing Telephone Line Polarity or Working Status
1. This function only uses the transmitter. Turn the transmitter function rotary knob to TONE position. The TONE LED will not light on at this time.
2. Use the alligator cable in the RJ11 port of the transmitter to test for telephone lines. The TONE LED will light up red or green depending on polarity between the tip and ring of a phone line pair.
3. If TONE LED is red, it means the red clip is connected with tip line, the black clip is with ring line. If green, the red clip is with ring line, the black clip is with tip line.
4. When the red clip is connected with ring line and black with tip line:
- The TONE LED will flash if the telephone line is ringing;
- The TONE LED will go out if the telephone is taken off hook;
- The TONE LED will turn green if the telephone line is idle.
CONT Mode - Continuity Checking in Circuits
1. Turn the transmitter function rotary knob to CONT position. The CONT LED will not light on at this time.
2. The alligator clip cable needs to be plugged into the RJ11 port, will NOT work when plugged into the RJ45 port. Connect the alligator clip cable with the test line.
3. The CONT LED will light on green if the test line is continuous. The green light will fade away as resistance increases, and will be hard to see by 220k ohms.
How to install the batteries
1. Use the screwdriver to unscrew the screws on the battery compartment behind the transmitter and receiver.
2. Align with the positive and negative terminals of 6F22 9V battery (not included).
3. Use the screwdriver to close the battery case.
- Operating temperature: 0-40 degrees Celsius, maximal 80 percent relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Storage temperature: -10 -50 degrees Celsius, maximal 80 percent relative humidity (non-condensing)
- Altitude: less than 2000m
- Anti-explosion rating: IP40
- Distance of emitting signal: 300m or so
- Emitter battery: 6F 22/9V (not included)
- Receiver battery: 6F 22/9V (not included)
- Use a standard 9V alkaline product battery or 9V charging battery
- Transmitter: 12.6 * 6.4 cm
- Receiver: 20.5 * 4 cm
1 x Cable Tracer Transmitter
1 x Cable Tracer Receiver
1 x RJ11 Cable
1 x RJ45 Cable
1 x Alligator Clip Cable
1 x User Manual