ABI ChipMaster Compact Professional IC Tester
The ABI ChipMaster Compact Professional is a low-cost, hand-held out-of-circuit IC tester. The ChipMaster is designed for testing digital ICs with up to 40 pins through a ZIF socket (see LinearMaster for analogue devices). A range of adapters is also available for SOIC and PLCC devices.
The ChipMaster includes a search facility for unknown ICs, loop modes for intermittent failure detection, diagnostic information for individual pins and self diagnosis for product integrity.
The unit is battery operated (4x AA/LR6) but an optional battery eliminator is available for extended use.
The ABI Compact Range has been recently upgraded and it now fitted with a USB interface to allow connection with a computer and use with the optional software CompactLink.
CompactLink is a PC based software package that allows users to add new devices to the library and create functional tests to suit special applications.
Intermittent Fault Detection:
The ChipMaster Compact Professional is able to locate intermittent and temperature related faults by using its unconditional or conditional loop testing modes, saving hours of valuable time.
Unknown Device Identification
By simply selecting ‘Search’ from the menu, selecting the number of pins on the device and activating Search Mode the Chipmaster Compact
Professional will search its library and identify the device, displaying possible functional equivalents for replacement.
ChipMaster Compact Professional
HANDHELD DIGITAL IC TESTER
As part of the IC test, the specific IC number, the functional description of the device and the status of faulty pins are scrolled through on the built-in display
- Simple operation
- Extensive built-in library
- Comprehensive tests
- Unknown device identification
- Diagnostic information for individual pins
- Conditional loop testing mode
- Optional programming facility (CompactLink)
- Comprehensive device library covers almost all
- TTL, CMOS, Memory and Interface devices
- 40 pin capability (NAND gates to CPUs)
- Identifies unmarked and house-coded devices
- Detects intermittent and temperature related faults
- Displays diagnostic information for individual pins
- Battery operated (4 x AA) with low power
- design, auto power-down function
- Mains adapter available
- Made in UK